Nearly 6,500 neighbors throughout Erie County will spend some quality time with each other on Tuesday, Aug. 6 thanks to United Way of Erie County.
United Way’s support of National Night Out dates back to 2004 and, since that time, funding has been provided to organizations, neighborhood associations and watch groups annually. This year, 21 collaborative groups have received funding from United Way to celebrate National Night Out.
National Night Out events, nationally sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, aim to empower local neighborhoods, heighten the awareness of crime prevention and reinforce the spirit of community.
Local Erie County events will include free food, music and games, along with the opportunity to interact with local police and fire departments. More than 6,500 people are expected to attend the various events.
Events funded by United Way of Erie County seek to promote the spirit of community and encourage everyone to play a role in supporting the education of youth in our neighborhoods.
Erie County National Night Out events supported by the United Way of Erie County include:
- Academy Neighborhood Association. 5:00-8:00 PM at Barker’s Field (Between E. 32nd & 33rd)
- Bayfront East Side Taskforce. 6:00-8:00 PM at Wallace Street Park (2nd and Wallace Street)
- Belle Valley Fire Department. 6:00-9:00 PM at Belle Valley Fire Department
- Boys and Girls Club Erie & Edison Elementary. 4:30-6:30 PM at Edison Elementary School
- City of Corry Police Department. 5:00-8:00 PM at City of Corry Park (300 Block N Center St)
- Erie Free Store. 5:00-7:00 PM at Elmwood Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Erie Housing Authority. 5:00-8:00 PM at Erie Heights Picnic Pavilion (4020 Garden Ave)
- Family Services NWPA/Pfeiffer-Burleigh. 4:00-6:30 PM at Pfeiffer-Burleigh Elementary (235 East 11th St.)
- Glenwood United Methodist Church. 6:00-8:00 PM at Glenwood United Methodist Church (2931 Myrtle Street)
- Greene Township. 6:00-8:00 PM at Greene Township Municipal Building (9333 Tate Road)
- Henderson and San Juan United Methodist Churches. 4:00-6:00 PM at San Juan United Methodist Church (1430 Buffalo Road)
- John F. Kennedy Center. 5:00-8:00 PM at JFK Center (Building & Parking Lot, 2021 East 20th St.)
- Lawrence Park Township. 6:00-8:00 PM at Iroquois Elementary School
- Little Italy Neighborhood Watch. 4:30-7:00 PM at Ruby Schaaf Park (W 19th and Myrtle St)
- Multicultural Community Resource Center. 5:00-7:00 PM at MCRC (554 East 10th Street)
- Our West Bayfront. 6:00-8:00 PM at Gridley Park
- SafeNet Domestic Violence Safety Network. 5:00-8:00 PM at SafeNet Big Backyard (240 East 9th Street)
- SSJNN and Youth Leadership Institute. 3:00-6:00 PM at McKinley Elementary School
- SNOOPS Neighborhood Watch. 5:30-7:30 PM at Roessler Park (15th and Reed Street)
- Union City Family Support Center/Union City Borough Police Department. 6:00-8:00 PM at Caflisch Park (48 Willow Street Union City, PA)
- Wesleyville Community Foundation. 5:00-8:00 PM at Wesleyville Borough (3421 Buffalo Road)
Please note: All events are subject to change.
For more information, including an interactive map of events throughout Erie County, visit https://www.unitedwayerie.org/nno.