Bring the excitement of music to your own home with our specially curated family-friendly itinerary of themed activities. We've created a sample schedule to help you brainstorm ideas that will work best for your family.
This week, find your family fun® with MUSIC & SOUND.
Supplies needed: cake mix, regular size cake cones, frosting, crumbled cookie topping or brown sprinkles, muffin pan, foil
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the insides of the muffin pan with a ring of foil to help your cake cones stand up in the oven. Mix cake batter. Fill cones halfway with cake mix. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Let cool. Frost. Add crumbled Oreos or sprinkles.
BooksThe ABCs of Metallica by Metallica & Howie Abrams
The Story Orchestra: Four Seasons in One Day by Jessica Courtney-Tickle
Drum Dream Girl: How One Girl's Courage Changed Music by Margarita Engle
Trombone Shorty by Troy Andrews
The Story of Rock and The Story of Rap by Editors of Caterpillar Books
Musical Water Glasses
Supplies needed: 5 water glasses, water, metal spoon, food coloring (optional)
1. Fill each glass with a different level of water. Add food coloring to help differentiate the glasses.
2. Tap the side of each water glass to hear a different tone.
3. Write your own song on paper. Use the colors to help!
Supplies needed: paper, watercolors, paintbrushes, music
1. Turn on some upbeat music.
2. Dip your paintbrushes in watercolor paints.
3. Tap your paintbrushes to the beat and watch the masterpiece come together before your eyes.
Listen to a concert or play an instrument:
Want to show us your celebration of the music and sound? We'd love to see your photos! Be sure to tag @macaronikid on social media so we can see how you've brought the joy of summer camp into your own home.