Macaroni Kid Erie is THE way to reach Erie families.
Macaroni Kid Erie is THE trusted local resource for families looking for family fun in the Erie region. That makes Macaroni Kid Erie the best outlet for you to spread the message about your business, organization, or event. We were proud to reach 1 million page views in September 2020, almost three years to the day after we began publishing.
We can help you build brand recognition, promote a special event, increase traffic on slow days, launch a new product, service or location, or share your expertise. We love using Macaroni Kid Erie as a platform to promote Erie and its local businesses!
Why choose Macaroni Kid Erie as the place to spend your marketing dollars?
1. We can help you reach thousands of Erie parents each week
Targeted marketing is the best marketing.
Macaroni Kid Erie is the largest parent-focused online media resource in Erie County. Our newsletter is emailed to 7,000+ local parents every week. Our social media channels are followed by 5,000+ fans.
Local parents engage frequently and consistently with Macaroni Kid Erie and regularly tell us we are an indispensable and trusted resource for them.
2. Our expertise
Not only do we have an excellent connection with local readers, but Macaroni Kid Publisher Kara Murphy is also an award-winning writer with 25 years of journalism, marketing and public relations experience. Her writing has appeared everywhere from the New York Times to the Erie Times-News, where she was a reporter for eight years.
3. Macaroni Kid Erie is an online resource
Parents are always online looking for family fun ... and Macaroni Kid Erie is always there to help with ideas of places to visit, shop and eat! We work hard on our SEO, and are more often than not on the front page of Google rankings for people searching for things to do in Erie with kids. We are always working to produce local articles local parents will find valuable.
- Wanted to touch base and let you know after surveying all of our camp participants, Macaroni Kid came in as our number one answer to ‘how did you hear about us?’ So awesome!
— ExpERIEnce Children's Museum
- We are selling out birthday parties left and right since December and I am attributing that success to the birthday party feature on Macaroni Kid. Thank you for putting that together and for sharing the information to the right audience.
Not ready for a longer-term contract but in need of event promotion services? Our event promotion packages include short-term promotion of your special event. We recommend beginning your promotion 3-4 weeks before the event.
1. Featured guides
We run several advertising guides throughout the year that are extremely popular with our readers! They include listings and information about local businesses or organizations. Price: $49-$169
Asbury Woods told us: We are selling out birthday parties left and right since December and I am attributing that success to the birthday party feature on Macaroni Kid. Thank you for putting that together and for sharing the information to the right audience.
- The Erie 2020 Summer Camp Guide
- Macaroni Kid Erie Birthday Party and Special Occasion Guide
- Mom Boss Marketplace
2. Dedicated e-blast:
An e-blast is an email dedicated solely to your business, organization or event. It can be sent on the day and time of your choice to our entire subscription list of more than 7,000 Erie families. $299
3. Article, review or giveaway:
An article, review or giveaway in our newsletter and on our website about your business or event. Price: $125
Examples of reviews:
- Erie's New Miniature Golf Course Offers Kid-Friendly Spooky Fun
- Kids Will Take Off at Erie's Flying Monkey Inflata-Park
- 10 Ways For Families to Enjoy the YMCA
Examples of an article provided by the sponsor:
- Sign Up Kids for Erie Summer Soccer Saturday at Millcreek Mall
- Don't Miss the Food and Cooking Show GoodTaste! Erie Saturday!
Example of giveaways:
- GIVEAWAY: Take a Virtual Class With Erie Artist Rachel Berlin
- Enter Our Downtown Holiday Photo Contest To Win a $258 Prize Pack!
Thank you to our sponsors, who keep Macaroni Kid running as a free resource for Erie County families. These are just a few of the more than 40 locally-owned businesses Macaroni Kid Erie has worked with. We appreciate each and every one of you!
How can we help you reach your goals?
If you're a locally owned business or organization, email publisher Kara Murphy today so Macaroni Kid Erie can reach out to you with a personalized marketing plan of how we can help you achieve your goal of reaching Erie parents.