After a year's hiatus due to COVID, National Night Out events are back in Erie County.
Last year, in-lieu of in-person National Night Out events, United Way of Erie County opted to award Neighborhood Mini-Grants to foster safety and health efforts in the community in the form of projects or limited COVID-safe events.
But as the vaccine rollout continues and COVID-19 cases in the community decrease, the United Way announced it will once again provide support for National Night Out events that follow local Department of Health guidelines. In all, the United Way of Erie County is funding 17 National Night Out events in Erie County in 2021, along with two related projects, for a total of $13,700.
National Night Out 2021 events will take place Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
The 17 Erie County National Night Out events supported by the United Way of Erie County include:
- Academy Neighborhood Association: 6-7:30 p.m. at Baker Field at East 32nd and Holland St.
- Bayfront East Side Taskforce: 6-8 p.m. at Wallace Park at Wallace St. & E Front St.
- Belle Valley Fire Department, Inc.: 6-9 p.m. at 1514 Norcross Road
- Diehl Elementary School & Mercyhurst University: 6-8 p.m. at Diehl Elementary School, 2327 Fairmount Pkwy
- East Avenue/Hess Avenue Neighborhood Watch: 5:30-9 p.m. at Perseus House Collaborative Learning Center, 648 Hess Avenue
- East Middle School: 2 to 6 p.m. at East Middle School, 1001 Atkins St.
- Edison Elementary School and Boys & Girls Club of Erie: 4-7 p.m. at Edison Elementary School, 1921 E Lake Rd.
- Elk Valley Elementary School, Elk Creek Recreation & Leisure Board, Rice Avenue Community Public Library: Elk Valley Elementary School, 2556 Maple Avenue
- Erie Free Store: 4:30-7 p.m. at Elmwood Avenue Presbyterian Church/Erie Free Store, 2816 Elmwood Avenue
- Glenwood United Methodist Church: 6-8 p.m. at Glenwood United Methodist Church, 2931 Myrtle St.
- Greene Township: 6-8 p.m. at 9333 Tate Road
- Housing Authority City of Erie: 5-8p.m. at Erie Heights Neighborhood and Curry Schell Apartments, 4200 Block Crestmont Ave.
- Iroquois Elementary School and Lawrence Park Township: Iroquois Elementary School Parking Lot, 4231 Morse Street
- McKinley Elementary School: 3-6 p.m. at McKinley Elementary School, 933 East 22nd Street
- Our West Bayfront, Bay and Harbor Neighborhood Association, Boulevard Park Neighborhood Watch, Gateway Neighborhood Association, Erie MLK Center, Garden County Association, West Bayfront Neighborhood Watch, West Side Saints Neighborhood Watch: 5-8 p.m. at Gridley Park, W. 6th and Liberty Streets
- Perry Elementary School and Erie Family Center: 4-6 p.m. at Perry Elementary School, 955 W. 29th Street
- Youth Leadership Institute: 4-7 p.m. at 306 E. Lake Rd.
The United Way also considered awards for projects that address community resource needs.
Projects receiving funding:
- Harding Elementary School: Basic Needs Bags
- SNOOPS Neighborhood Watch: Neighborhood Outreach Picnic Boxes