Are you ready for a sweet adventure? Asbury Woods Annual Maple Festival is March 4 and 5. Your family won't want to miss out on this syrupy extravaganza!
Visitors will enjoy kids' activities like face painting, interactive tours and demonstrations, learning all about the rich history and process of maple production, and of course, there will be ... taste testing.
And don't forget about the maple products for purchase. Take home a piece of this sweet experience with you. Nothing beats pure maple syrup on your pancakes!
This festival attracts more than 600 visitors annually. Don't miss your chance to join in on the fun and be a part of the maple magic.
Be sure to mark your calendars for March 4th and 5th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Asbury Woods Nature Center. Get ready to indulge in all things maple!
Asbury Woods Maple Festival tickets are available online. Pre-registration is preferred.
Admission is $6 per person. Children three years old and younger are free.
Find more details and register here!
Asbury Woods Maple Festival program details:
- Maple Tapping Tour: Thirty-minute tour includes an introduction to maple syrup history, tapping demonstration, and an explanation of the sugaring process.
- Interactive Stations: Placed throughout the Nature Center. Try to identify a maple tree, see the evaporation process in action and learn about photosynthesis.
- Kids Activities: Enjoy face painting, try your hand at our maple bean bag toss, or explore our toy evaporator!
- Talks with Experts: A morning talk at 11 am with Laura Dengler, owner of How Sweet It Is, about “Cooking with Maple,” and an afternoon discussion at 1 pm with Chris Dolanc, professor inthe Biology department at Mercyhurst University, who will talk about “Trouble for Maples.”
- Commemorative Coaster: New this year! Purchase a piece of Asbury Woods with an original coaster made from a tree on our property and branded with our Maple Festival Design.
- Vendor Stations: Browse local hand-made items and taste samples from maple vendors, How Sweet It Is, Casbohm Maple and Honey, and Northwestern High School- Wildcat Honey, along with the Asbury Woods Squeaky Frog gift shop.
The Asbury Woods Maple Festival is sponsored by Widget Financial.