Flying Monkey, Erie's only inflata-park, opened in December at 3515 McClelland Ave., right off the Bayfront Connector. My kids and I finally had a chance to go earlier this month.
What a great time! Check out our video:
I didn't know this, but the inflata-park is one solid 10,000 square foot unit. That means all the fun is in one giant bounce house -- albeit one more than three times as big as my house!
I couldn't resist, so I got myself a pair of Flying Monkey socks too to join my kids in the fun. There are slides and obstacle courses -- the standard bouncy fare that kids love, but there's also fun games like:
- The Meltdown, an 8-person game that lets two giant inflated booms spin around as participants jump and duck to avoid being knocked off their platform.
- The Wrecking Ball, A fun four-player game is a fun inflatable interactive where players swing a giant ball at each other to try knocking opponents of their pedestal.
- The Big Baller, which lets you test out your ninja skills as you run and jump across the giant inflatable balls to get to the other side. See if you have what it takes!
Flying Monkey Inflata-Park has dedicated space for kids under 42 inches tall.
I was super impressed with the attendants patrolling the inside of the inflatable. These weren't employees who you could tell hardly wanted to be there. They were smiling and chatty, and even offered to play one of the games with my son when he was playing alone. One told me that they clean and sanitize the inflatable every day -- a big job, but one that parents worried about germs can appreciate.
An unexpected bonus: There's a cafe at Flying Monkey, which makes it easy to grab a kid-friendly lunch like pizza or chicken nuggets when the kids need a break.
Flying Monkey is locally owned by Daniel Thompson. He also owns Crazy Monkey, a party rental company with more than 80 rides and 25 employees.
Flying Monkey's hours:
- Mondays: Closed
- Tuesdays: 4:00pm-8:00pm General Admission
- Wednesdays: 10:00am-3:00pm Dedicated Toddler Time | 4:00pm-8:00pm General Admission
- Thursdays: 4:00pm-8:00pm General Admission
- Fridays: 10:00am-3:00pm Dedicated Toddler Time | 4:00pm-9:00pm General Admission
- Saturdays: 10:00am-9:00pm General Admission
- Sundays: 10:00am-7:00pm General Admission
Flying Monkey is also available for birthday parties and private parties. Visit their website for more information.
The author and her kids were hosted at Flying Monkey for the purpose of this review, but all opinions are her own.