All Erie County Public Library facilities will reopen fully to the public on Monday, March 8. The library has partnered with Erie County Department of Health to ensure that the reopening adheres to all local, state and national guidance and responsibly considers the safety of patrons and staff.
The library expects to remain open as long as local COVID-19 case numbers remain sustainable and will make any adjustments as necessary based on the advice of Erie County Department of Health.
The reopening effort restores most of the services patrons enjoyed pre-pandemic, while following current mitigation efforts, including:
- Each location will enforce a 50% occupancy limit.
- Use of face coverings and social distancing is required.
- All material collections are available for browsing.
- Computer stations are available at all locations. Blasco Library’s internet lab has been
relocated and outfitted in accordance with the Blasco Master Plan as announced here. Patrons
may reserve 60-minute sessions.
- Blasco Library’s Heritage Room will offer limited equipment and occupancy limits.
- Blasco Library’s Idea Lab will offer limited equipment and reservation-based services.
- Blasco Library’s Collaboratories will be available for patron reservation. Face coverings are
required to be worn at all times.
- Public restrooms and drinking fountains in the lobby and children’s areas (family use only) are
available for patrons to use at their own risk.
- Professional cleaning occurs daily at all locations. Cleaning and hand sanitizing stations are
available for patrons to use throughout their visit.
- Patrons are encouraged to return all items to contactless outdoor bookdrops – open 24/7.
Several services will remain unavailable:
- Children’s play areas and toys at all library locations.
- One-on-one patron assistance that cannot be accomplished while practicing social distancing.
This includes one-on-one computer assistance, extended research and genealogy, and equipment/device assistance. Patrons are encouraged to bring a helper from their household should they require assistance that cannot be completed from a 6-foot distance by staff.
- In-person programming and events. Find the library’s virtual programs calendar at events.erielibrary.org.
- The café located in the lobby of Blasco Library, K&P Concession, will remain closed until further notice due to the death of its long-time hostess, Penny Greco.