Who is ready for summer fun in Erie, Pa.?
VisitErie and Macaroni KID Erie are teaming up to help you make the most of this wonderful season with an EPIC Erie summer bucket list!
To encourage you to squeeze every last drop of family fun out of this beautiful Erie summer, we've also partnered with a few of the amazing VisitErie partners to offer prizes!
1. Download the ‘Hello Erie’ Trip Planner App (it's free!) and click on "Challenges"
2. Check-in at 5 stops on the Epic Erie Summer Bucket List using the ‘Hello Erie’ Trip Planner App. Once you've checked in at 5 stops, you’ll be entered to win one of three prize packs!
3. Receive additional entries by sharing your photos on Facebook or Instagram using #EpicErieSummer.
Please note: You must check-in at 5 stops using the Hello Erie App before being entered to win a prize pack!
4. When you get your badge for visiting 5 stops on the ‘Hello Erie’ Trip Planner App enter your name, phone number, and email address. VisitErie will use that information to contact you if you are a winner!
We will announce our winners on Aug. 31! The more bucket list stops you visit and the more you post on social media with the hashtag #EpicErieSummer, the more chances you'll have to win!
The prize packages include:
Family Overnight Getaway to Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort (valued at $500)
$250 gift certificate to the Millcreek Mall
Four tickets to an Erie Otters game this fall, plus a $50 gift certificate to the Flagship City Food Hall
Ready to get this summer rolling? How many of our #EpicErieSummer items can you get through this summer?
Don't forget to check in on the ‘Hello Erie’ Trip Planner App and use hashtag #EpicErieSummer for a chance to WIN!
See the ‘Hello Erie’ Trip Planner App for complete rules.
Your 2022 #EpicErieSummer Bucket List:
1. Climb the 78 steps to the top of the Presque Isle Lighthouse
2. Run the bases after an Erie SeaWolves game
3. Find the Grandfather Tree at Asbury Woods
4. Watch the sunset from Barracks Beach at Presque Isle State Park
5. Rattle your way to the top of Waldameer's Ravine Flyer II before dropping 118 feet
6. Race go-karts at the new Erie Sports Center Fun Park
7. Get out the wiggles at the new nature play space next to the Tom Ridge Environmental Center
8. Find your favorite ChalkWalk art at CelebrateErie (Aug. 19-21)
Want a copy of the bucket list to hang on your fridge? Print out a copy now, or find the #EpicErieSummer bucket list at some of the area attractions on our list!
9. Stop at Bayview Park to see the Pontiacs mural while on a driving tour of the Erie African-American Heritage Trail
10. Battle it out in laser tag at Play Port Arcade & Family Fun Center
11. Whiz down the Griff slides at Frontier Park
12. Finish an orange twist cone at Sara's before it melts
13. Splash around the water table at the Experience Children’s Museum
15. Lick your orange fingers clean after a bag of cheesy rich cheddar popcorn from The Original Popcorn House
16. Admire the Tall Ships at the Tall Ship Festival (Aug. 25-28)
17. Stop at Perry Monument for a selfie while riding a yellow bike 13.2 miles around Presque Isle State Park
18. Stain your tongue blue at Hulings Blueberries and Farm Market
19. Climb inside the big tree with a good book at Pressed Books + Coffee + Gifts
20. Dance at the Panegyri Greek Festival (July 8-12)
21. Ride the dragon on the Erie Zoo carousel
22. Pick up a boogie board at Beach Zero and catch some Presque Isle waves
23. Catch a fish at Dobbins Landing (You can "check out" fishing poles and gear for FREE from Blasco Library!)
24. Try every restaurant at Flagship City Food Hall
25. Show off your Erie pride with a shirt from Erie Apparel
26. Make Tuesday great at 8 Great Tuesdays (Tuesdays July 5-Aug. 23)
28. Paint rocks and hide them at Scott Park #rockouterie
30. Ride the zipline at McClelland Park
31. Grab a yummy treat at the Erie Food Truck Festival (June 25)
32. Get wet at Wintergreen Gorge
33. Go on a beach glass hunt at Shades Beach
34. Splurge on a staycation for the family with a night at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Erie's newest bayfront hotel
35. Watch a bald eagle fly below you from the top of the 90-foot bluffs at Erie Bluffs State Park
37. Admire the view from the top of the Bicentennial Tower
38. Treat yourself at Icing on the Lake's ATM (Afterhours Treat Machine)
39. Explore Goodell Gardens during a guided walk (Sundays)
41. Go with the flow(rider) at Splash Lagoon
42. Aaaaaaaargh on Scallywags Pirate Adventures
43. Spend the weekend at the Blues & Jazz Fest (Aug. 5-7)
44. Support a refugee-owned business, like the Fresh Asian Mini Mart, 837 West 38th St.
45. Try the free disc golf course at Pleasant Ridge Park Disc Golf. All you need to bring is your frisbee!
46. Take the kids to glow night at Flying Monkey Inflata-Park
47. Say hey to Automan at Schaefer's Auto Art
48. Spend the day getting wet at Camp Sherwin's splash pad and pool. Better yet, rent a cabin and stay the weekend
49. Ooh and ahh over Lights Over Lake Erie fireworks at Dobbins Landing (July 3)
50. Take time to smell the flowers at the Port Farms Flower Festival (Aug. 6-Sept. 11)