Looking for summer fun in Erie, Pa.? We all are after the year we've had!
The City of Erie and Macaroni Kid Erie wanted to help you make the most of this summer too! So we put together this list of 81.4 ways to celebrate family fun in Erie this summer (see what we did there?).
To encourage you to squeeze out everylastbit of family fun this beautiful Erie summer, a few of our amazing local businesses are partnering with the City of Erie to offer three AMAZING prizes! To enter, simply use the hashtag #814bucketlist when completing any of the 81.4 bucket list items on the list below. (IMPORTANT: Make sure your social media settings are set to where we can find and see them!)
The City of Erie will announce winners on 814 Day! The more you enter the more chances you'll have to win!
The prize packages include:
Grand Prize, presented by Scott Enterprises: Overnight package at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort (Value $500)
Splash Lagoon water park passes for up to four, plus an overnight stay at a hotel connected to the park, and a $100 gift card for Treasure Island Arcade
Prize Pack #2: Waldameer Season Passes (Value $250)
Two Waldameer Park & Water World 2022 season passes
Prize Pack #3: Year-Round Family Fun Pack (Value $250)
Erie Zoo and ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum annual family season passes, plus a Scallywags Family Pirate Cruise
Excited? So are we! Let's get started!
How many of our #814BucketList items can you get through this summer?
Don't forget to use hashtag #814BucketList or submit a photo here for a chance to WIN!
Your #814BucketList of Summer Fun!
1. Whoop it up at Waldameer...
2. Then chill out at Water World
3. Create in the outside classroom at ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum
4. Swim at Presque Isle State Park
5. Search for beach glass along Lake Erie's shoreline
6. Go Into the Woods with the Erie Playhouse (July 9-17)
7. Let the kids run the bases after an Erie SeaWolves game
8. Get wet at the Bayview Park splash pad
10. Explore the lagoons by kayak on Presque Isle
11. Whiz down the brand new slides at Frontier Park (Expected to open soon!)
12. Take part in the Summer Out Loud Family Challenge with the YMCA of Greater Erie — no membership necessary! (Registration opens June 22)
13. Play peek-a-boo with the orangutans at the Erie Zoo
15. Indulge in a glazed twist from Mighty Fine Donuts
16. Load up a Smith's hotdog with all the fixin's
17. Go on a mural hunt
18. Lick your way through an orange-vanilla twist cone at Sara's
19. Don't share a Blue Moon from Denny's Ice Cream Stand
20. Visit the Grandmother Tree at Asbury Woods
22. Order the seafood boil for the whole family from the new downtown Chippers Seafood & Southern Fusion
23. Fall in love with bubble tea at Andora's Bubble Shop
24. Crumble a cookie (or three!) from Ye Olde Sweet Shop
25. Enjoy a picnic on the steps of the Erie Art Museum
26. Fly a kite at Sunset Point on Presque Isle
Don't forget: Use hashtag #814BucketList on social media for a chance to WIN! You can also submit a photo here.
27. Gallery hop during gallery nights (Dates to be announced)
28. Learn about the important role of the U.S. Brig Niagara at the Erie Maritime Museum
29. Get wet at the Perry Square fountain
30. Oooh and aaah over fireworks at Dobbins Landing (July 3)
31. Zip(line) through the new playground at McClelland Park then...
32. Romp with a four-legged friend at the Larry R. Fabrizi Dog Park
34. Take your picture with a car creature at Schaefer's Auto Art
35. Catch a fish ("Check out" fishing poles and gear for FREE from Blasco Library!)
36. Laugh it up at a family show at Kellar's Modern Magic & Comedy Club
37. Find a favorite piece at the Erie Art Museum
38. Eat your way through the Flagship City Food Hall (expected to open later this summer)
39. Aaargh on a Scallywag pirate cruise
40. Explore the new Erie African-American Heritage Trail
41. See the view from the top of the Bicentennial Tower (Free the first Sunday of each month!)
42. Show off your Erie pride with a shirt from Erie Apparel
43. Bet on a fast filly at Presque Isle Downs & Casino
44. Aim for the bullseye at Archery Encounters
45. Learn to throw with a class at Erie Clayspace
46. See Oliver Hazard Perry's sword at Hagen History Museum (re-opening July 17)
47. Enjoy 8 Great Tuesdays at Liberty Park (Tuesdays, July 6-Aug. 24)
48. Climb to the top of the Erie Land Lighthouse (Free tours the first Tuesday of each month)
49. Enjoy a family-friendly movie under the stars at Perry Square with the Erie Downtown Partnership (see list of dates here)
50. Pick your own strawberries, cherries and more at one of Erie County's amazing farms
51. Compete in a friendly round of mini-golf while learning some interesting area history at Adventures Erie at Lake Pleasant. Watch out for Bigfoot!
53. Set up a tent for the weekend at Lampe Campground
54. Take a sunset cruise on the Victorian Princess
58. Find (and rehide) a painted rock ... just about anywhere! #rockouterie
59. Visit the Firefighters Historical Museum (reopening Sundays starting in June)
60. Say cheese with the ERIE sign at Bayview Park
61. Buy local produce and goods at the weekly Perry Square farmers' market (Sundays, starting June 20)
62. Grab a yummy meal from a locally-owned food truck
63. Slow your roll with Bike Erie through downtown Erie and beyond (Thursdays and Sundays) and...
64. Explore Erie County on two wheels with Lake Erie CycleFest (July 30-Aug. 1)
65. Ride the surf at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort on a rainy day and ...
66. Have all the rainy day fun at Splash Lagoon's newly expanded Treasure Island Arcade
69. Escape The Niagara with Escape Game Erie
70. Welcome the sun with free sunrise yoga at Dobbins Landing (Wednesdays, June 2-Sept. 29)
71. Get messy with chocolate chip pancakes at Zodiac Dinor
72. Thrill the kids with a free ride on the Bayview Trolley's downtown loop
73. Park hop through Erie. Did you know the City of Erie has 54 parks and 23 playgrounds? Visit a new-to-you one each week! Here's a list of 12 of Macaroni Kid Erie's favorite parks and playgrounds.
74. Splash through Wintergreen Gorge on a hot summer day
75. Catch lightning bugs at Brown's Farm
76. Bite into sponge candy at Stefanelli's
77. Get the kids an octo-dog and funnel cake fries at Lucky Louie's
78. Count the number of trees you can find at Frontier Park
79. Walk the paths at Goodell Gardens in Edinboro
80. Splurge on a staycation for the family with a night at one of Erie's bayfront hotels
81.4 Visit the Pointe Foure Vintage Boutique, Federal Hill Smokehouse (best BBQ in Pa. according to Food & Wine magazine!), along with the rest of the great retail shops and restaurants that make up the Hill District, during one of their Sidewalk Sunday events (held the last Sunday of the month May-Sept.)